Monday, June 20, 2011

Tommy's Coal Fired Pizza, Brick, NJ

Whenever I go to a new pizza place, with out-of-the ordinary selections, the first thing I look for is goat cheese. I love goat cheese on pizza, and with anything else for that matter. No goat cheese to be found, so points off for that.

But points back for this:

Mr. C's Jersey Shore Clam Pie
"Baby Clam, Roasted Leeks, Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese, Creme Fresh, Chopped Italian Parsley & Fresh Black Pepper"


Clams on pizza? Never had that, but it sounds good.

Also:
Black & Blue, Caesar Salad with Blackened Chicken
"Blue Cheese Crumbles & Herb Seasoned Croutons with Classic Caesar Dressing"

If I can't have goat cheese, I'll settle for blue cheese crumbs, which made the Caesar salad better than the average Caesar. I had to search high and low for a crouton, and I'm not sure I found one, because the chicken chunks were cut to the size and shape of croutons.

As for the pizza, the crust was a bit on the soggy side, perhaps due to the clam juice. Otherwise, it was an interesting flavor I hadn't tasted on a pizza before.

The service was pleasant and attentive, but the pizza came too soon while we were still working on the salads.

Note to Tommy: Get a pizza with goat cheese on the menu, and I'll be back.

Tommy's Coal Fired Pizza
515 Rt 70
Brick, NJ 08723
(732) 262-5180
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Easy Pickens BBQ & More is a family operated  barbecue team and catering service, serving South Jersey and the greater Delaware Valley. We specialize in ribs, chicken, and beef, smoked or grilled to perfection according to your tastes. "& More" means we are more than just barbecue; we offer a variety of Italian and Southern comfort foods, as well as desserts.
Are you planning a cook-out? Let us do the work while you relax and entertain.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing and I want to share information about Madras Bistro which offer a wide range of delicious North and South Indian vegetarian dishes. Situated in the heart of Bergen County, Madras Bistro is located in Hackensack, NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had New Orleans Bar and Grill cater my birthday party and they were amazing!  Hugo showed up on time and went above and beyond to make my guests happy!  He was so cute and nice and DELICIOUS!! I am going to get them for every important event from now on!

    ReplyDelete